Complete Open Source IAM Solution
Traditionally there are many open source products that solve only a small specific problems of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) field. We have LDAP servers for data storage, simple authentication and SSO servers, RBAC modules, synchronization scripts and so on. But it is not easy to integrate these pieces into a complete IAM solution with proper auditing, delegated administration, provisioning, self-service, organization-wide roles, organizational structure support, workflows, SSO, federation, etc.
This talk will show how we have done it by using LDAP server, IDM system and Access Management components. The resulting solution is comprehensive and robust enough for the Internet and also for complex enterprise IAM deployments – as it was already proven by many real-world deployments worldwide. The solution is built only from open source components.
This talk will discuss:
- The roles and responsibilities of individual IAM solution components, such as directory server, provisioning, access management, etc.
- How these components work together (IAM reference architecture)
- How to deal with copies of identity data
- Integrating role of midPoint IDM system
- LDAP server options
- Access management and federation options
- The importance of RBAC and organizational structure in practical IAM solutions
- Open source identity ecosystem concept
Radovan Semancik graduated from the Slovak Technical University with a master degree in Software Engineering and PhD degree. At the time he works as a Software Architect and identity management specialist at Evolveum. His main areas of interest are digital identity and distributed systems architecture. He architected one of the first full-scale identity management deployments in Central Europe and provided key consulting services to many more comprehensive identity management solutions. He is an open-source project contributor and participates in several software development projects. He currenly dedicates most of his time to lead the midPoint project – the most comprehensive open source identity management system currently available.
Complete Open Source IAM Solution – slides